Friday, February 26, 2010

21st Century Wonderland. Media Meditation #3

Hello! I thought it would be a good idea to post something that coordinated with my blog name: "Sierra In Wonderland." You may, or may not have caught on to why I selected that name. For those of you who are wondering, I chose it because I am huge fan of the Alice in Wonderland story. When I heard about a new Alice and Wonderland movie coming out, with Johnny Depp as the mad-hatter I was ecstatic. Here is a preview of the film that will come to a theatre near you on March 5th 2010.



Like all movie trailers, this one fits into my Electronic Media & Writing Class. The trailer relates to the Eight Shifts, Technological, Personal and Aesthetic Shift. - We can watch the trailer on our Smartphones, Laptops and we can post the video on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter and our personal blogs. The trailer also relates to the Seven Principles. Production: camera angles, lighting, editing, sound effects, colors, font styles and symbols all make this movie trailer unique to it's creepy, entertaining world that is Wonderland. In addition to the Eight Shifts and Seven Principles the movie trailer also relates to the Persuasive Techniques we learned about in class. Humor: The jokes we remember from the first film and the new jokes in the trailer. Nostalgia: brings back memories from my childhood of watching the original Alice. Beautiful People: Well, Johnny Depp and Anne Hathaway may not look there normal selves in this movie (they get into character beautifully) they still are known as gorgeous celebrities. Timing: The story builds up from beginning to end (only a preview) in the trailer.

I honestly can't watch a movie, preview, commercial or news story the same again. I am always looking for how many scenes are in each commercial or thinking about relating it to the persuasive techniques, etc. I will never look at media the same way again!!!

Thanks for reading,
S.

1 comment:

  1. GOOD m.m., Sierra.

    This ALICE trailer looks fascinating.

    Please dive more deeply with our 4 power tools...

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete